Since I’m already signed up and have couple of weeks to go before my course starts, I had some time left to look around the programs portal for other bonus programs that I have access to thanks to B-School.
The first bonus program that caught my attention was “Start The Right Business“. I immediately felt like I needed to go through this program in preparation for B-School. After all, if you want to start a business, it is important that you know what idea to start a business around and that it is in fact the right business for you. Not anyone else. You.
So I wanted to write a little review of this program in case someone’s looking to do this course on it’s own (without B-School) and wondering if it’s worth it or wondering what is covered in this course. So here’s my experience with this program!
This program consists of 8 modules and each module can be completed within 1-2 hours depending on how you approach it. I work full time so I don’t have a lot of time during the week but weekends are my time to invest in myself. So I always make time for things like this that would potentially contribute to my overall personal development and growth. On a side note, do you want to succeed in life? If you said yes, personal development is a must girl! Get into it, reach out to me if you would like some guidance on where to start.
I was able to complete this course by completing couple of modules during the week in the evenings after work and completing the rest on Saturday. #headdownbumup.
Ok, so you’re wondering what the modules cover, so here they are:
- Lesson 1 : The Power Of Starting The Right Business, For The Right Reasons
- Lesson 2 : Align Your Business Ambition And Lifestyle Vision
- Lesson 3 : Connect Your Passion To People
- Lesson 4 : Decide Your Profit Plan: Business Models 101
- Lesson 5 : How To Come Up With Ideas For Your Business
- Lesson 6 : What To Do When You Have Multiple Passions and Can’t Choose
- Lesson 7 : How To Know If Your Idea Will Make Money
- Lesson 8 : The Five Hidden Forces That Determine Your Business Success
The course covers aspects like, coming up with ideas on different businesses that you may want to start, ‘how’ to come up with those ideas if you have NONE, how to check for alignment with your long-term future goals and your lifestyle vision, how to check if your idea will actually make you any money, testing strategies, why people are important to your business, the only one reason a business should exist, connecting with people if you consider yourself an introvert (#meeeeee), what to do if you are passionate about lots of things, what should you monetise vs what should remain a #hobby and so much more!
The course covers some really common sense basics, about starting a business. Trust me, I was surprised at how many things I hadn’t even considered. And you would be surprised at how many things most new entrepreneurs overlook when starting a new business. So I think It’s a great course to complete if you have an idea (or many) that you want to start a business around. In fact this should be a pre-requisite.
I also love how Marie points out some big #pitfalls to avoid, I mean there are definitely some red flags that you need to be aware of before you start your business, you will save a lot of time, effort and money in the long-term. It’s also possible that you may decide that you in-fact do NOT want to start a business as the entrepreneurial path is just not right for you.
For those who it is the right path for, will get a whole lot of clarity around which business idea do they want to monetise. And this is what it did for me.
I got super clear on what my core requirements are around my business. I will lead a business that is centred around:
- People. Inspiring and empowering women around the world to become the best version of themselves and to live life by their own design.
- Uncapped income potential. No ceilings or depending on a #Boss to decide my worth.
- Ability to impact and reach millions of people through my work, not be limited to working 1-on-1 only.
- Absolute creative control on how I run everything in my business; content, automation, distribution, products and services etc.
- A culture that is centred around family, integrity, health, contribution and fun.
- Time independent. No trading time for money, ability to leverage systems and automation to create more income with same or less time spent on effort.
- Location independent. Ability to work from wherever I want, be it a beach in Hawaii, a co-working space in New York or in my comfy bed wearing my pyjamas with a hot cup of coffee. Travel is my biggest driver here.
I also got super clear on my numbers and revenue model. Off course I will spare you the details here but this bit really got me excited. I mean I was finally able to visualise this business clearly. Something I had been confused about for YEARS.
Gosh! B-School hasn’t even started yet, and I feel like I have already got my money’s worth in this program. Marie Forleo‘s work is amazing and I highly recommend getting on her newsletter, doing this program (and B-School if you can!) and watching all the MarieTV episodes if you are an entrepreneur or looking to be one in future. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
I hope you liked reading this review, if you read it this far, then I’m grateful for your time.
I’m not affiliated with Marie and her programs, this was just my honest review as I go through my own entrepreneurial journey and I know there are many out there who would benefit from me sharing my ups and downs here on the blog.
So beautiful, if you are also a business owner, I would love to hear from you. Are there any programs that helped you out on your entrepreneurial journey when you were just starting out? Tell me in the comments! Your comment might just help someone else reading too!
Until next time,
Lots of love and light!