A few weeks ago, I posted my thoughts on all the random and (some) serious things I learned from my first ever ‘solo’ Perth trip. If you missed that post, check it out here – Perth (Nov 2014) – Part 1.
So as promised in that post, today I’m going to write a little review on the hotel I stayed at and in general the experience I had while I stayed there. I’m hoping this will assist anyone traveling to Perth and is trying to make a decision where to stay and whether this hotel that will suit their needs.
So here it goes… 🙂
The Duxton Hotel, Perth (*****)
1 St Georges Terrace, Perth WA 6000
- Within 15 min walking distance to CBD / shopping precinct
- Within 10 min walking distance to Bell Tower
- Within 30-40 mins drive from the Perth Airport
- Check-in: After 2pm
- Check-out: Before 10am
- Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and public areas
- In-Room massages and spa treatments
- Exceptional on site restaurant and bars
- 24 hour reception, concierge & room service
- Fully equipped fitness centre with sauna & steam room
- Heated outdoor pool and spa with lounge chairs & food service
Pros (from my point of view)
- For business travelers, it’s worth noting that most 5-stars in Perth charge their guests for Wi-Fi access so it was good to have free Wi-Fi access at Duxton.
- If you’re looking for a hotel with a pool, Duxton is one of the only handful hotels in the CBD area with an outdoor pool. This was high on my list so made it easy for me to choose Duxton over the other options.
- In room massages and spa treatments – Do I need to say more? 😀
- Closest walking distance 5-star hotel to the shopping precinct. Some of the other 5 star hotels like Hyatt and Pan Pacific are located on the same road but are further from the CBD area.
- Great service and swift check-in (I checked in within 5 mins!)
- Best views ever!
Cons (from my point of view)
- Mini-bar fully stocked but very expensive. A small bottle of water was $4!!!! There was nothing complimentary which after paying such high room tariffs felt a bit off.
- Shower taps were a little outdated so had to wait 5-10 mins before I could get the water to be of desirable temperature. Not a biggie though.
- The hotel asks you to pay a $300 pre-payment (unsure whether this is still the case – please check with the hotel). FYI – On check-out, the mini-bar in the room is checked and any drinks or snacks that have been used is then deducted from this amount, the rest of the money is then returned.
I had a room up on Level 10. As soon as I first entered the room and opened the curtains, the view across Swan river and beyond literally blew my mind. The night views from the room were even more impressive. The room was clean, the bed was soooooo comfortable (they even give you pillow options!!!) and had free wi-fi.
Apart from above cons, this hotel was a pleasure to stay at and highly recommend it for business travelers. If you’re looking for a romantic getaway, look no further. Oh and the pool was a good size and well kept.
All in all, I am a satisfied customer and will definitely stay here again if I ever go back to Perth.
And of course here are the pictures: