IT’S MY BIRTHDAY TODAY AND I AM TURNING 28! 🙂 Woohooooooo! 😉
Time really flies! I am not even sure how the last few years have passed by so quickly and lo and behold, I’m 28 now. There is so much more that I want to achieve in this lifetime and I know life is short, even if you live a long amazing life.
A birthday is a great day to remind yourself of all the things you have achieved to date and express thankfulness for all the good things in your life. This is one of my favourite rituals to do, especially when I’m not feeling all that great. Having an attitude of gratitude will put you in an amazing frame of mind within a few minutes and saying a lot of “thank-yous” throughout your day will bring a sense of satisfaction that nothing else can. So without further ado, I want to express 28 gratitudes for today in honor of my 28 years on this planet earth. 🙂
- First and foremost, I’m thankful for my beautiful parents. I cannot thank them enough for their unconditional love and support and everything they have sacrificed for their children.
- I’m thankful for my sweet sister. Growing up with a sister is the best thing a girl can ask for. You fight, you make up, you share secrets, you ask for each other’s advice and opinion. She will always be the first best friend.
- I’m thankful for my awesome friends, past and present, who are out in the world doing amazing things. The ones that are always there for you.
- I’m thankful for having a job that brings me a sense of security in my life that a lot of people out there are struggling to bring in their lives.
- I’m thankful for having a beautiful apartment, that provides me with the comfort of a warm bed, hot water, clean laundry, a resourceful kitchen and lovely sensational views to come home to.
- I’m thankful for dogs. Growing up I never thought there was a dog person in me somewhere. But there is totally a dog person in me. They are the most loyal companions and best friends a person can ask for. Can you imagine this planet without dogs?
- I’m thankful for nature, being able to witness sunsets and sunrises is probably the best experience ever. And the best thing about it is, it is free. It also makes me realize heaven is truly on earth. 🙂
- I’m thankful for books. 3 years ago, I felt lost in life. I had questions and no one could answer them but books. I love how you can pick up a book and it has that potential to truly change your life.
- I’m thankful for life itself. How amazing is this circle of life? “You don’t have a soul, Doctor. You are a soul. You have a body, temporarily“. You existed before this body and you will exist after this body. So making the best use of this short time on earth is what drives me behind creating this blog and reaching out to people who will use my services.
- I’m thankful for this blog. It has given me a creative outlet, a means to reach people out there who I probably couldn’t if I didn’t have this online presence.
- I’m thankful for good, nourishing, organic food. About 6 months ago, I switched buying most of my green produce from an organic food company. It has probably been one of the best decisions I have made so far with my food choices. All my food truly tastes and smells like real food and I LOVE IT.
- I’m thankful for being able to afford clothes. Melbourne can get switch weather within half an hour and I really feel for the homeless who are unable to afford the luxury of warm clothes (yes! believe it or not, it is a luxury that a lot of people don’t have! )
- I’m thankful for animals. How beautiful is this planet with all the variety of life that exists on it.
- I’m thankful for activists who stand up for things that matter to them the most – be it global warming, animal rights, equal marriage rights etc.
- I’m thankful for all the struggles I have faced in my life so far. It has made me the woman I am today.
- I’m thankful for the losers, players, unavailable, disloyal or shallow men I have dated so far. You have taught me what I don’t want in my potential life partner.
- I’m thankful for all the amazing men that I do have in my life, who are my friends and have shown me that good men do exist.
- I’m thankful for my body. You function 24/7, tirelessly giving me the energy to go through life. I have neglected caring for you for so long and yet you seem to hang in there for me. I’m changing things up so that I can take better care of you, the care you deserve.
- I’m thankful for my beautiful city, Melbourne. How amazing is it to live in the most live-able city in the world for the last 9 years. I wasn’t born here but this city truly made me grow into an adult!
- I’m thankful for internet and technology. I cannot imagine what it was like to live in the age pre-internet. I know there are pro and cons to this, but today I’m just thankful to be living in this tech age. I can be seven seas apart and yet I can keep in touch with my loved ones thanks to technology.
- I’m thankful for good Melbourne coffee, creative latte art and baristas who remember your order every single day 😉
- I’m thankful for rainbows after some dark clouds. Very therapeutic to see some beautiful colours in the sky after some gloomy dark clouds.
- I’m thankful for travel. The fact that we can now travel wherever we want just by boarding the big bird is awesome. I cannot wait to travel more and see more of this beautiful planet.
- I’m thankful for my beautiful soul sisters. The older I get, the more I’m craving female friends who are strong women, doing amazing inspiring work in their own lives.
- I’m thankful for LOVE. In every form.
- I’m thankful for sunshine in winters. I love having some tea and reading a good book while soaking up some winter sun.
- I’m thankful for Australia. My adopted country that I now call home. Thank you for giving me back so much.
- And last but not the least, I’m thankful for everyone in my life who makes me smile. 🙂
So there we go, I made it to 28 and I feel like I could have kept going. Am I lucky or what? 😉
Thank you to all of my readers who have patiently read this whole blog post, you guys make it worth all the work I have put into creating this space.
So what are you grateful for? 🙂
Until next time,
Lots of love,