I knew after my first trip there that I needed to go back again and see more of this pretty city. I love everything about it, the natural beauty, no big crowds, no traffic (ever!), the Swan river, amazing pristine beaches, parklands, extra nice and happy people and a LOT of sunshine! However, it was only this second trip in Nov of 2016, that I realized I felt so much more happier in Perth, I asked if it was the good, non-gloomy weather maybe? Possibly the sunshine caused all those happy hormones, something I don’t get much of in Melbourne, sunshine and happy hormones that is 😉
Crowne Plaza Perth was where I stayed this time. I decided to stay at a different hotel this time than last, as I wanted to be closer to the river, rather than the city and Crowne Plaza took my fancy as it is right on the river, just opposite Langley Park. Due to it’s envious location, the hotel rooms all have great views and this hotel is probably the only hotel on the long stretch of hotels where the rooms have balconies. Something I adored during my stay there, nothing can beat having your morning coffee with those Swan river views right from your balcony.
Arriving at Crowne Plaza, I was greeted by awesome staff, I could tell they all had the Perth happy vibes. Everyone at Crowne Plaza was extra nice and they certainly knew how to do hospitality well!
So some of the facts about this hotel:
Stars: 4 and half
Address: 54 Terrace Road, East Perth WA 6004
Check In/Check Out: 2 pm / 11 am
Time to Perth Airport: 30 mins
Room Tariffs: Rates start at $220/night for a standard room with the highest floor Premium River View with Spa room can set you back up to $600/night
Facilities: Gym, an outdoor infinity pool overlooking the Langley Park and the Swan river, laundry and dry cleaning facilities, 24 hour concierge and reception service, in-room dining, 2 restaurants for dining at the hotel.
My favourite things about the hotel:
- The coffee from the cafe situated near the Reception desk was unlike anything I had in Perth. Totally on par with the Melbourne coffee! 😉
- Staff are friendly, look after their guests amazingly well and are very accommodating!
- Breakfast buffet, YUMMMM!
- Facilties available to all the guests.
- Views from the balcony (I stayed on level 12, in the King River View room)
- Complimentary bottles of water everyday.
- Extremely comfortable mattress and a range of pillow options to choose from!
- Proximity to Swan Riverwalk and the new Elizabeth Quay.
- The spectacular WA sunsets that I was lucky to witness and photograph from my room’s balcony.
Of course, a review wouldn’t be complete if I didn’t include the things I wasn’t impressed with and trust me, there wasn’t a lot.
- It is a long walk to get to the city center, but then again, you can get on to one of their free buses to get there. It doesn’t bother me as much as I love walking in a new city as I think it is the best way to explore a new city.
- The room next to me had a bit of a party going on and I could hear the noise all through to about 11:30 PM which wasn’t the best experience but it stopped at midnight. So yes, if you’re unlucky to be placed in a room next to a loud guest/s , that could definitely be a bit annoying.
And here are some pictures:
Last but not the least, see below images of couple of beautiful sunsets I got to witness while in Perth. These 2 are my own images! Follow my instagram account @itsupasana for more awesome images like below 😉
Note: I would like to thank Oyster.com and Crowne Plaza Perth’s Facebook account for these beautiful images. All images belong to their rightful owner and are not my own, except for the 2 below.
So I hope if you are ever planning a trip to Perth, you have enough info to consider Crowne Plaza for your accommodation. At this stage, I should mention also that this is NOT a sponsored post. Like always, the opinion is purely my own and that’s all it is. This was my experience and I was truly impressed, hence why I am writing a review! 🙂 Hope you enjoyed reading this post.
Until next time,